[Scummvm-devel] "Flight of the Amazon Queen", continued

David Eriksson twogood at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 10 02:48:55 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 10:04, J.Brown (Ender) wrote:
> Alright, news roundup.
>
> We will (as soon as John digs it up) be getting the FOTAQ source code.

Cool!

> It's now up to everybody who wants to work on it to organise yourselves.
>
> Basically, a few decisions need to be made:
>  - Do you want to start work directly in CVS (ass a disabled by default
> module), or work on our Shadow non-public server until the code is a
> little more reliable?

Maybe a non-public server until the code gets a little organized?

>  - Who is going to be involved in it? I want some firm dedications here,
> as I'm not giving the source out to everyone :) Also, I would like a
> commitment from the eventual team to at least try and spend SOME time on
> our development IRC channel, as that is used for issue discussion more
> than the list. ScummVM architecture changes, etc, are usually decided
> there first.

I would be happy to join, but I can't decide on my level of
participation yet.

I'll start visting the IRC channel though.

>  - Do you want a second list to use for discussion of issues?

Could be useful.

> I'm going to ask Joost to act as an unofficial leader at the moment, just
> until everybody becomes familiar with the 'ScummVM way'. A few weeks after
> we get the source and things start shaping up, I'm probably going to
> nominate a 'Maintainer' - based on whom is most reachable (preferably on
> IRC), who has been working on the code the most, etc. I'll make a
> suggestion and seewhat people think.

I suspect that I am lowest in rank so I'll start to get familiar with
the 'ScummVM way'...:-)  You'll find me as "twogood" (surprise!) in
#scummvm.

> Anyhow, just some thoughts. More news as it happens. :)

I'll be waiting :-)

--
Regards,
               -\- David Eriksson -/-