[Scummvm-devel] 0.7.0 release schedule

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Dec 12 13:21:01 CET 2004

Yo folks,

by the release schedule, we should branch today if possible. So let's
look at our status:

> PRIMARY GOALS:
> The following things are essential (in my eyes) for 0.7.0; we can only
> release if we
> meet them
> - Major SDL port(s) ready (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)

-> OK

> - WinCE port ready
>   #1007397 (WINCE: Disapearing clock)
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
> func=detail&aid=1007397&group_id=37116&atid=418820>

-> The bug is fixed; arisme, is the WinCE port working?

> - PalmOS port ready

-> Chrilith? You made a lot of commits recently, but is the PalmOS port
ready for branch?

> - Stability! -- this means everybody should start playing through
> games. Every game, that is.
>   Ideally, from scratch, but you can also test old savegames of course.
>   Test results should be collected and displayed on a web page, so
> that we have an overview
>   on what still needs testing and what is already covered.

-> see <http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/documentation.php?view=release>
    Not as many games are tested as one might wish, but so far things
look good, with the exception of LoomCD. I have not heard anything
about any big problems in the recent weeks, so I believe we are ready
in this regard.

> - Make sure the README is up-to-date

-> should be ready (though after a branch, we have to update the "Known
Problems" section)

> SECONDARY GOALS:
> The following goals would be very nice to have, but we can release
> even without them:
> - Dreamcast port ready

-> As far as I know, this is ready with the exception of the virtual
keyboard in the save dialog in the SCUMM frontend. Marcus?

[...]

> SCHEDULE:

[...]

> Things to do till 2004-12-11 (next Saturday):
> - get any last "major" changes in (only stuff you consider important)

Nothing to say here.

> - getting ports working again. If you can't get your port ready till
>   then, please notify us (reply to the list) and we can delay branching
>   a bit. If that's not enough, you'll have to backport your backend
>   fixes to the 0.7.0 branch

I hope the main ports are ready, see above.

> - feel free to start testing games for regressions

This is in progress

> Things happening on 2004-12-12 (next Sunday):
> - 0.7.0 branch will be created

-> this will happen tonight, or latest tomorrow, assuming I hear back
from porters and no loud objections are made.

> - testing
> - fix bugs & regressions

Bye,