[Scummvm-devel] BS2 cutscenes

Andreas Röver andreas_roever at web.de
Tue Jan 6 04:43:01 CET 2004

I've been thinking about this problem a bit:

You have to convert the pixels from the mpeg color space to RGB anyway. So you could instead
directly convert to a palette index. Using predefined lookups this should be just as fast, or even
faster then converting to RGB. The palette must be predefined for each movie. It should even be
possible to change the palette in the middle of the movie. I need to have a look at them to see if
this is necessary.

Anyway: this way you have the advantages of mpeg: one can treat quality for size very easily. And still use the normal backends without a change.

I'm currently trying to write some proof of concept code to see what it looks like. I'll mail again once it's finished and looks ok.

Andreas