[Scummvm-devel] Ports, testing, and 0.6.0

Arisme arisme at free.fr
Tue Jan 20 13:21:02 CET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "James 'Ender' Brown" <ender at scummvm.org>
To: <scummvm-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 12:31 PM
Subject: [Scummvm-devel] Ports, testing, and 0.6.0

> Can I have a status update from all the porters on when they are ready
> for 0.6.0 so we can branch, and also an update of which engines work
> (and with or without mpeg2 in case of BS1/BS2) with which each port?

Mmh, I've been rewritting the whole CE code lately to reuse the SDL backend,
it's almost ready but I'd like to test it a bit more, and drop support for
the old code in 0.6.0 - it'd be perfect for me if the branch is done after
this week-end (but if you don't want to have a strict branch, you can do it
sooner as all my changes should be restricted to the CE backend).

Otherwise, all engines should be OK, but I didn't test the mpeg2 playback
yet.

> If any ports are able to play the mpegs but unable to use Vorbis, please
> also let me know so we can implement MAD playback.

I've noticed that a Vorbis stream encoded at 22 kHz lags a bit on the
slowest devices (such as the SPV Smartphone).

> Also has anybody completed any games recently, and when? I've tested BS2
> which seems fine so far, and will try to do DOTT tommorow.

I've not tested any game on ARM yet, but I'm sure the PocketMatrix users
will be happy to replay them :)