[Scummvm-devel] HQ scalers in i386 assembly

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Thu May 20 10:02:04 CEST 2004

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at tietoenator.com writes:
 > A) There is a cross-platform version to fall back on.
Yes, asm code is compile-time option, i.e. it is #ifdef'ed with
current C implementation as a default

 > B) There is a noticeable performance gain.
about 5x on HQ2x scaler. I mean run-time speedup, not compilation time.

 > C) It doesn't complicate the rest of the code too much.
#ifdef ASSEMBLY_SCALERS
5 lines of code
#else
current C implementation
#endif

Plus 3 lines of code to common/scaler.cpp.

 > So, as far as I'm concerned, go for it! :-)
 >
 > (Of course, someone else may still veto it.)
Nice :)

Eugene