[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] CVS: scummvm/base main.cpp,1.48,1.49

James 'Ender' Brown ender at scummvm.org
Sun Nov 14 05:57:00 CET 2004

> > Reenable persistant launcher, in order to encourage some debugging ;)
>
> Ender, this didn't forced devs to do much work, but introduced some
> very annoying features:
>
>   o When 2x scaler is default, quitting 640x480 games makes ScummVM
>     window to be 1280x960, respectively 3x scaler will make it more
>     bigger. It even crashed my whole X session once. (640x480 games
>     are comi, bs1/2 and numerous HE games).

I haven't found the origin of this bug yet, but I'm working on it.

>   o When you specify unexistent target, you end up in an unbreakable
>     endless loop, and have to kill ScummVM

Fixed.

>   o There is no way to run any another game after first is exited. It
>     also falls into an endless loop

Partly fixed. The loop is fixed, but Sev still has issues related
somehow to path handling that nobody else has been able to reproduce.
Awaiting further info (like what File::open is actually trying to open).

>   o Closing window brings you back to launcher instead of exiting
>     the application

Thats really a preference issue, but for the SDL backend at least I
suppose you could change the SDL_QUIT event to raise another flag to set
running to false in the main loop.

>   o Sometimes exiting game leaves launcher window garbled with game
>     graphics

Fixed.

 - Ender
--