[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] CVS: scummvm/base main.cpp,1.48,1.49

Gregory Montoir cyx at frenchkiss.net
Sun Nov 14 07:02:02 CET 2004

James 'Ender' Brown wrote:
>>>Reenable persistant launcher, in order to encourage some debugging ;)
>>
>>Ender, this didn't forced devs to do much work, but introduced some
>>very annoying features:
>>
>>  o When 2x scaler is default, quitting 640x480 games makes ScummVM
>>    window to be 1280x960, respectively 3x scaler will make it more
>>    bigger. It even crashed my whole X session once. (640x480 games
>>    are comi, bs1/2 and numerous HE games).
>
> I haven't found the origin of this bug yet, but I'm working on it.

This is due to the first line in launcherDialog() where we scale the
*current* screen dimensions. A possible fix is to invert the first 2
lines in launcherDialog() :

	system->initSize(320, 200);
	system->setGraphicsMode(ConfMan.get("gfx_mode").c_str());

>>  o Closing window brings you back to launcher instead of exiting
>>    the application
>
> Thats really a preference issue, but for the SDL backend at least I
> suppose you could change the SDL_QUIT event to raise another flag to set
> running to false in the main loop.

Isn't what OSystem::EVENT_QUIT means ? ie. user wants to exit the
application ?

Here's how it's handled in the Queen module : when the user choose
quit in the 'journal screen', he returns to the launcher. But when
he closes the scummvm window (OSystem::EVENT_QUIT is raised), the
engine calls g_system->quit().

Gregory