[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] CVS: scummvm/base main.cpp,1.48,1.49

James 'Ender' Brown ender at scummvm.org
Sun Nov 14 08:16:17 CET 2004

> This is due to the first line in launcherDialog() where we scale the
> *current* screen dimensions. A possible fix is to invert the first 2
> lines in launcherDialog() :
>
> 	system->initSize(320, 200);
> 	system->setGraphicsMode(ConfMan.get("gfx_mode").c_str());

Aha! :) Something to look into.

> >>  o Closing window brings you back to launcher instead of exiting
> >>    the application
> >
> > Thats really a preference issue, but for the SDL backend at least I
> > suppose you could change the SDL_QUIT event to raise another flag to set
> > running to false in the main loop.
>
> Isn't what OSystem::EVENT_QUIT means ? ie. user wants to exit the
> application ?
>
> Here's how it's handled in the Queen module : when the user choose
> quit in the 'journal screen', he returns to the launcher. But when
> he closes the scummvm window (OSystem::EVENT_QUIT is raised), the
> engine calls g_system->quit().

Thats fine, but there are multiple types of events that raise a
EVENT_QUIT. In the SDL backend that includes various key combinations as
well as other events. Although I haven't looked too deeply into it, as I
said it's a preferences issue and there may need to be seperate events
for quit and return to launcher.

While closing the window (an EVENT_QUIT trigger) may be expected to exit
thw whole program, I expect the alt-x/alt-q/whatever it was changed to
key to quickly exit the engine but return to the launcher. At the moment
that is also an EVENT_QUIT messages, so a distinction needs to be made.

That's all I was getting at :)

 - Ender
--
James 'Ender' Brown <ender at scummvm.org>