[Scummvm-devel] Re: Discworld.... and more

Markus Dahms mad at automagically.de
Sat Apr 16 10:02:36 CEST 2005

Hi again!

> As far as whether you should continue to work on it, I'd say yes.

Did so. As the result I just started writing a Discworld engine. It
is able to detect DW 1 & DW 2, german or english language and loads
and displays the DW 1 title image so far... then it enters an infinite
loop (polling events, sleeping ;).

for your testing pleasure:

"discworld" directory containing engine, to be copied into scummvm root:
http://automagically.de/files/discworld-engine-20050416.tar.gz (4.7 kB)

patch for Makefile.common and base/plugins.cpp against latest CVS
(cd scummvm; patch -p0 < $SOMEWHERE/dwengine.patch)
http://automagically.de/files/dwengine.patch (622 B)

what it should look like:
http://automagically.de/images/s_scummvm_dw1_title.png (132 kB)

You need a title.scn from Discworld 1 to test the stuff.

Please look at the code and enjoy my somewhat first steps to C++ ;)

Markus

PS: I don't have any clue from the scripting stuff yet. :/