[Scummvm-devel] TV2x and DotMatrix

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Wed Apr 27 08:01:51 CEST 2005

What's the general feeling about the TV2x and DotMatrix scalers? Personally
I don't think they're working too well at the moment, and I never saw much
use for them in the first place. Neither of them is applied to mouse
cursors any more, TV2x looks horrible together with aspect ratio correction,
and DotMatrix has always been a bit dodgy since it behaves slightly
different at different screen coordinates. At least I think that's why the
image gets slightly distorted when you move the mouse cursor across it.

I suppose one possibility would be to add yet another step to the rendering
so that apart from scaling we'd also allow distorting of the image. That
way it should be possible to combine them gracefully with any other scaler,
including aspect ratio correction.

Another possibility would be to get rid of them and pretend they never
existed in the first place.

Or we could just leave them as they are.

Torbjörn