[Scummvm-devel] Status inquery: Porters, Engine teams -- gearing up for 0.8.0

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sat Aug 6 06:58:25 CEST 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:29:06 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> * SAGA engine: It seems it still has problems with non-english
> versions of the games?
Yes, we're going to fix all reported bugs in short time if not today,
there was one showstopper bug. Current bugs are all appear in Mac
version which plays dirty games with endianness in game data.

> * Gob engine: Looks finished to me... has it been tested on systems
> which are picky regarding data alignment yet?
I don't think it was tested there, and as with SAGA, I don't have a
list of platforms where it was tested/compiled/ported.

> Eugene apparently found somebody willing to work on the web layout.
> I haven't heard back from Eugene yet, though. No idea if this is
> realistic, but of course, it'd be cool if we could release 0.8.0 at
> the same time we upgrade the website... alas, I am just dreaming :-)
Yes, the guy started to do something with it but he told it will take
some time from him because he is busy with his life and daily job. He
is a professional web developer, fluent both on CSS and PHP, so he
seems to be the right person to do the work. I'll keep the list updated
with WIP status. And what is expected date for 0.8.0 btw?

Eugene