[Scummvm-devel] Status inquery: Porters, Engine teams -- gearing up for 0.8.0

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Sat Aug 6 13:06:25 CEST 2005

> 1) What about the PSP port? Any estimate when it'll be ready?

Yes, I'd like to make the PSP port official for the 0.8.0 release.
It's pretty much ready, I was planning on importing the sources next
weekend.

> 2) Has anybody contacted the Nintendo DS porter (or are there  multiple
> ports) ? If not, any suggestions where/how I could reach  him? Are the
> sources available? (They should be obviously) Is he  maybe interested in
> turning this into an official port?

I haven't contacted the author directly, but according to his posts on
the gbadev forums he hopes to make the port official.
There has been no source release at this point, nor is there any
information on how to acquire it. Although I do believe the author has
the intention of releasing it when it's done.

 > * Gob engine: Looks finished to me... has it been tested on systems
 > which are picky regarding data alignment yet?

The gobliiins engine runs fine on the PSP, so it seems to be behaving
pretty well on alignment-requiring systems.
I've had some issues with the SAGA engine and the ITE DOS demo; it just
showed a black screen and returned me to the launcher.
I'll give it a try with the full version soon.

Regards,
Joost