[Scummvm-devel] Call for help on screenhots

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Fri Aug 12 16:23:19 CEST 2005

Hi all,

we're approaching 2 big changes, 0.8.0 and new website design
(finally :) ). From the other hand we for ages had some famous TODO
item, namely to redo screenshots properly.

Really we're in not good situation. Even major games like Zak McKracken
and Maniac Mansion don't have proper screenshots. Well, I added MM
screenshots just yesterday. But in any case there are big holes in our
set.

So if you wish to help me with this TODO item, and make proper
screenshots for every visually distinguishable version we support,
please visit

  http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Screenshots

for more comprehensive instructions. Also users (i.e. non-developers)
can help with it. Additionally I put call for help on our front wiki
page and on #scummvm topic. I don't think we're in such bad situation
that we need to put such call on our main web page.

I personally can't hadle this only by myself because
  o I don't have every game which needs screenshots
  o Even for some games I own I don't have deep in-game savegames mainly
    because I didn't play them all :)
  o This would take insane amount of my free time if I'd work alone on
    it and I want to spend some time on actual ScummVM hacking :).

If you feel capable and got couple minutes, make a shot or two and
submit them, so we will have complete collection.

So thanks in advance,
Eugene