[Scummvm-devel] A roadmap for the future?

Tore Anderson tore at debian.org
Wed Dec 14 04:14:04 CET 2005

* James 'Ender' Brown

> So what else do we need?

  Something I get to hear often as a packager is that there should be a
 way of autodetect games.  Someone who does 'apt-get install scummvm
 beneath-a-steel-sky' should be end up with BASS readily available in
 the GUI;  they should not need to add it themselves.  See
 <http://bugs.debian.org/296920>.

  I agree with the people saying this, something like this would be nice
 to have.  I don't know how to best implement it, possibly a global
 /etc/scummvmrc where I could predefine a few games that would be shown
 if the defined path existed, or a default search path where all
 subdirectories were assumed to contain games.  In order to identify
 games you could perhaps key off the directory name, or require a
 scummvmrc file containing the game stanza which would be included into
 the users ~/.scummvmrc.  Or something like that.

  By the way, I will probably soon resign as the Debian packager, as
 I've lost most of my motivation to fool around with computers in my
 spare time.  I do it all the time at work so when I get home I'd rather
 read books or drive motorcycles or whatever...  David Weinehall (who's
 already maintaining the FOTAQ .deb) has agreed to adopt the packages
 from me.

Cheers
--
Tore Anderson