[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] CVS: scummvm/dists/msvc8 scummvm.vcproj, 1.14,1.15

Pawel Kolodziejski pablo at omega.xtr.net.pl
Fri Feb 18 08:14:31 CET 2005

> Pawel Kolodziejski writes:
>  > > ????? Maybe just better to link proper library instead? I.e. libz.lib
>  > > instead of zlibwapi.lib??
>  > >
>  > What libz.lib ??????
>  > There is not libz.lib in official build.!!!!!!
> Okay, okay, Too much used to system with canonized library names,
> i.e. *nix. zlib1.dll or whatever they call it. Andrew?
>

> Eugene

there are two currently ports of zlib for Windows:
http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/zlib.htm

Last one is for gnu compilers and have dependeces on msvcrt.dll, ligw32c lib.
That is for gnu crosscompilators like mingw32. it's not good for native msvc.

First packages are build by native compilators.
They provide two version of them: one current 1.2.1 and quite old 1.1.4 .
I'm focusing on improved newer version: zlib122dll.zip compiled by msvc 2003.
It's support full static lib(zlibstat.lib), static wrapper(zlibwapi.lib)
for dll. To use dll version you need declare ZLIB_WINAPI for proper
linking.
Static lib is compatible only for msvc pre 2005, so dll version is can be
used only. It's possible to use other but only 1.1.4 or older version
which I don't want it.