[Scummvm-devel] Re: [Scummvm-cvs-logs] CVS: scummvm/dists/msvc8 scummvm.vcproj, 1.14,1.15

?????? ??????? h00ligan at igt.ispu.ru
Fri Feb 18 10:06:00 CET 2005

>there are two currently ports of zlib for Windows:
>http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/
>http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/zlib.htm

>Last one is for gnu compilers and have dependeces on msvcrt.dll, ligw32c
>lib.
>That is for gnu crosscompilators like mingw32. it's not good for native
>msvc.

>First packages are build by native compilators.
>They provide two version of them: one current 1.2.1 and quite old 1.1.4 .
>I'm focusing on improved newer version: zlib122dll.zip compiled by msvc
>2003.
>It's support full static lib(zlibstat.lib), static wrapper(zlibwapi.lib)
>for dll. To use dll version you need declare ZLIB_WINAPI for proper
>linking.
>Static lib is compatible only for msvc pre 2005, so dll version is can be
>used only. It's possible to use other but only 1.1.4 or older version
>which I don't want it.

----------
This ports is some kind of second-party to orginal source
http://www.zlib.net/  (their URLs placed in External Links section).
Current original source package is http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.2.tar.gz
(&some mirrors urls).
It contains make files for different platforms. win32/makefile.msc describes
follows:
STATICLIB = zlib.lib
SHAREDLIB = zlib1.dll
IMPLIB    = zdll.lib

so if You with  You can build static lib even for vs2005beta - but You must
not define ZLIB_WINAPI (win32/dll_faq.txt clarifies it)