[Scummvm-devel] 0.7.1 tagged

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Mar 30 16:00:39 CEST 2005

Am 30.03.2005 um 23:31 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Ok, slight problem with ScummVM 0.7.1 for Dreamcast:  It doesn't
> compile.
>
> It turns out that the graphics/animation.cpp file uses the global
> variable "gBitFormat", which is part of the software scaler.  But the
> Dreamcast does not use the software scaler (it has hardware scaling),
> so this variable does not exist.  It seems odd that the animation
> class should somehow have a dependency on the scaler, can someone
> please explain this and how to fix?

Well, gBitFormat tells which bitformat is active: 555 or 565. Backends
init the value (and some lookup tables) by calling
InitScalers(bitFormat). It has been like that for a long time,
actually. (and definitely has been the case when I called for people to
check whether we are in shape for a release two weeks ago *cough* :-)

Anyway, assuming the DC has a fixed 16bit mode, you could simply
hardcode the correct value in place of gBitFormat for now.

Given that gBitFormat is now used for things other than the scalers, we
should redesign this and e.g. move it to graphics/ (strictly spoken,
the scalers nowadays would probably fit better into graphics, too).

Bye,

Maxa