[Scummvm-devel] 0.7.1 tagged

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Thu Mar 31 02:07:32 CEST 2005

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> Well, gBitFormat tells which bitformat is active: 555 or 565. Backends
> init the value (and some lookup tables) by calling
> InitScalers(bitFormat). It has been like that for a long time,
> actually. (and definitely has been the case when I called for people
> to check whether we are in shape for a release two weeks ago *cough*
> :-)
>
> Anyway, assuming the DC has a fixed 16bit mode, you could simply
> hardcode the correct value in place of gBitFormat for now.

Yes, the Dreamcast port uses a hardcoded 565 mode.  I could change it
to 1555 if there is any advantage of this, but I think alpha is not
currently used, correct?

> Given that gBitFormat is now used for things other than the scalers,
> we should redesign this and e.g. move it to graphics/ (strictly
> spoken, the scalers nowadays would probably fit better into graphics,
> too).

Since it is a property of the backend displaymode (or rather
overlaymode, as things are right now), shouldn't it be part of the
OSystem interface?

  // Marcus