[Scummvm-devel] Scaled GUI

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Mon May 16 17:13:19 CEST 2005

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> as you may have noticed, in current CVS I disabled the automatic GUI
> scaling code (and I plan to completely remove it). Instead, I have
> begun rewriting all dialogs to work in "all" resolutions, making their
> layout depend on the actual screen size (this is only tested for
> 320x200, 640x400, 640x480 mode, though).

Any plans for the aspect ratio correction and the 3x scaler? It might
simplify the backend a bit if we could simply get rid of all the
overlay scaling. I find the blurriness of aspect ratio correction a
bit distracting on monochrome images, and the 1.5x scaler from 2x to
3x has a slight cosmetic problem currently - see bug #1185275.

Though getting rid of the overlay scaler will cause issues with the
MPEG player, unless we add scaling to it. Which, of course, is a
possibility...

It'd be nice if we could get rid of the --force-1x-overlay option and
allow the overlay size to change at runtime. If nothing else, it would
be convenient when testing the layout of the self-scaled dialogs. :-)

> If anybody feels like helping out with this, please go ahead; I won't
> have much time to continue this in the next couple days (the option
> dialogs are the biggest chunk of work left).

Heh, I think I'll start with something simpler than the options. :-)

Torbjörn