[Scummvm-devel] New website

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Wed Nov 16 02:14:03 CET 2005

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> Alternatively, we should consider JPEG. And scummvm_logo.png is
> another whopping 50K. I tried using ImageMagick to quickly convert
> those images to JPEG, and the resulting pics had half the size with a
> quality that I found not to be lacking compared to the PNGs.

Or converting them from RGB images to 256-colour indexed ones. I tried
that in The Gimp: heroes3.png shrunk from 65 KB to 26 KB and
scummvm_logo.png shrunk from 52 KB to 20 KB. I didn't notice any drop
in quality either.

I guess pngcrush might shave them down a bit further. At least, I think
that happened with the screenshots I made with The Gimp. I've never
tried it myself.

Torbjörn Andersson