[Scummvm-devel] Re: CD support in launcher

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sat Nov 19 05:29:01 CET 2005

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> One way to do this would be to add a new event type to OSystem,
> "EVENT_MEDIA_CHANGED", which is delivered whenever media is added/
> removed. It would contain a bool indicating which happened, and a
> FilesystemNode pointing to the affected path.
> In addition, a method to query a list of currently mounted devices
> might be useful... or rather, a method to query for a list of mounted
> devices that should be automatically searched for games...
> Of course, maybe I am overdesigning again :-)
>
> The launcher then could react to this by scanning the new media for
> games (recursively, possible limited to a certain depth), and adding
> them as dynamic, temporary targets to the games list (possibly
> separated / below the regular targets). Of course it would be
> possible to turn off this auto-scanning (via a config flag or a
> #define, or both).

This would be ok for me I think.

I just remembered one more thing about my custom launcher though: When
saving to memorycards, I need to put an icon on each file.  Right now
the custom launcher also scans for .ICO files when scanning for games,
which at least sometimes gives me game-specific icons for the
savegames.

Of course, it would be possible to simply create a bunch of icons and
select one based on the target.  Anyone who feels up to the job?  :-)
(The icons are 32x32, 16 colours, ARGB4444 palette.)

  // Marcus