[Scummvm-devel] Testing 'Sam and Max' with

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Fri Oct 14 06:59:26 CEST 2005

Greg Frieger <gregfrieger at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As an attempt to help you with testing new release I tried to play
> 'Sam and max hit the road' with the latest build.
> It is a 'talkie' version with speech compressed to monster.so3 file
> Release info:
>   build 14-oct
>   Support: vorbil FLAC mp3 zlib mpeg2
>
> At the very beginning of intro is crashes with message
> 'startTalkSound: did not find sound at offset 1343482'.

It's yet another case where 0.7.x issued a warning, while 0.8.0CVS
treats it as a fatal error.

You don't mention which language your Sam & Max uses. I assume it's not
the English version, because at least mine doesn't try to play anything
from offset 1343482 during the intro.

In other words, I can't reproduce it myself.

Torbjörn Andersson