[Scummvm-devel] Testing 'Sam and Max' with

Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
Fri Oct 14 11:23:59 CEST 2005

Your reply went just to me, and not to scummvm-devel. I'm CCing my
reply to scummvm-devel anyway.

Greg Frieger <gregfrieger at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is an English CD-Version (with 4 unused audio tracks on disk).
> Here are MD5 sums that might help you to identify:
>    samnmax.sm0 A3036878840720FBEFA41E6965FA4A0A
>    samnnam.sm1 E4EB566062B06F3CD164D97D26ED6779
>
> MD5 were calculated by Hex Workshop on entire file
> The ScummVM recognized the game as SamnMax, scumm_gameid=4

The MD5 sums are fine... for the English floppy version, i.e. it only
has voices during the intro but not (I'm told) for the rest of the game.

I don't have this version myself, so I asked one of the other developers
to test it, and he didn't have any problems. Maybe the monster.so3 file
has been damaged somehow. Could you try it with the original monster.sou
file? It should be about 2.5 MB, so compressing it won't save you that
much space anyway, but if it works you could try compressing it again to
create a new monster.so3.

(If your monster.sou is around 180 MB, you've accidentally mixed the
data files from the floppy version with the sound file from the CD
version. That will almost certainly not work.)

Torbjörn Andersson