Reply-to (Was: RE: [Scummvm-devel] strange thing in mmv2...)

David Eriksson twogood at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 15 01:32:40 CEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 10:00 +0200, Torbjorn.E.Andersson at personec.com
wrote:
> (Am I the only one who finds it annoying that replies to mails sent to
> scummvm-devel by default only goes to the original sender? Quoting the
> entire message, rather than just the part I'm replying to.)

This issue is usually brought up on every mailing list sooner or later.
It has probably already been discussed on scummvm-devel at some point.

There are two "schools" and the list administrator decides:

  http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

If you get two replies to this mail (one via the list and one directly
to you) because I used "Reply to All" in my e-mail client, you could
have use for this tiny piece of procmail script; it will prevent
duplicate mails:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock

--
Regards,