[Scummvm-devel] New Forums

James 'Ender' Brown ender at scummvm.org
Sat Oct 15 20:56:21 CEST 2005

Hey ya'all.

Have people had much of a chance to play with the test forums at
http://forums.scummvm.org/ yet?

Apart from a problem with activation e-mails, which has fixed, whats the
opinion of launching it with 0.8.0?

Obviously, the old forums will have to be maintained as an archive, and
we'll be starting from scratch here. It would be possible to import
posts from SF.net, but I'm more inclined to just link to the existing
forums as an archive due to a variety of technical issues.

Some functionality that I'm sure most of us use is missing, namely
e-mail notifications, but I'll patch the forum for that soon. All that
really needs to be decided is a list of what forum categories we want.

Just think! Stickies/Announcements, real admin, banning and moderation
functionality.... :)

Cheers,
	Ender