[Scummvm-devel] 0.9.0 plans

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Apr 17 13:27:01 CEST 2006


Am 17.04.2006 um 21:37 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 04:00:04 +1000
> Oystein Eftevaag <oystein at geheb.com> wrote:
>
>> Max Horn wrote:
>>> Regarding new engines, of course it would be nice to get kyra,
>>> cine, lure up to speed for the release -- but to me, that's not
>>> such a high priority right now!
>>
>> Well, kyra is now release ready, at least.
> Then I recommend you to post a news item with call for extensive
> testing and copy the item on our forums.
>
> This way we will be confident and you will have some time to fix bugs
> if any. I.e. we had this tested in January, but now when it is
> completed, you may want to hear music bugs and regressions.
>
> Also consider bumping compatibility percentage.
>

Well we are in no position to go with the time line I originally  
proposed (and on which nobody commented anyway *shrug*). At least if  
we want to make the RGBToColor changes before the release. I am not  
sure how good/bad the speed issues with the theme GUI code are, maybe  
we can postpone these backend changes... but if we make them,  
considering they are a relatively big change, we need sufficient  
testing.


If we say the GUI speed is good enough, then we can still aim for a  
0.9.0 release around 2006-05-15. As it is, I have no idea how many  
ports even *work*. I guess we'll just have to announce a release  
date, then a week or a few days before that, our porters will  
suddenly appear, fix up most things etc., and then we can announce  
that it's all a big hoax, and add another two weeks of proper testing  
*g*.




Cheers,
Max




More information about the Scummvm-devel mailing list