[Scummvm-devel] 0.9.0 plans

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Mon Apr 17 13:51:00 CEST 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:25:47 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> > This way we will be confident and you will have some time to fix
> > bugs if any.
Here I meant that since there could be difficult bug, we will not do it
right before release.

> Well we are in no position to go with the time line I originally  
> proposed (and on which nobody commented anyway *shrug*). At least if  
> we want to make the RGBToColor changes before the release.
That would be really good to have implemented and tested throughout
before release, on all platforms.

> I am not  
> sure how good/bad the speed issues with the theme GUI code are,
> maybe we can postpone these backend changes... but if we make them,  
> considering they are a relatively big change, we need sufficient  
> testing.

> If we say the GUI speed is good enough, then we can still aim for a  
> 0.9.0 release around 2006-05-15.
In fact this may be not enough time. Right now I'm working on GUI
rendering alone, and I'm busy with my daily jov. LordHoto helps me here
and there, but as of widgets and their configurability I'm still alone.
Moreover, we still have no mock-ups from Krest which is quite important.

> As it is, I have no idea how many  
> ports even *work*. I guess we'll just have to announce a release  
> date, then a week or a few days before that, our porters will  
> suddenly appear, fix up most things etc., and then we can announce  
> that it's all a big hoax, and add another two weeks of proper
> testing *g*.
Double green. From the other hand our porters learned a lot in last 3
releases 0.8.0-0.8.2, on 0.8.2 everything went quite smooth.


More information about the Scummvm-devel mailing list