[Scummvm-devel] DXA file format for videos

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Apr 28 03:02:05 CEST 2006

Some other alternatives we could consider:

- compress the xor differences using PNG
- use MNG (see http://www.libpng.org/pub/mng/)
- use APNG (see http://www.vlad1.com/~vladimir/projects/apng/; but
since a good encoder is missing, this is not that attractive).

I am esp. curious about MNG. Granted, it would again mean using an
external library, but I wonder how good a compression ratio it
achieves, esp. with tools like advmng (<http://
advancemame.sourceforge.net/comp-readme.html>) thrown in. Maybe
somebody can perform a test: Just encode some of those smacker videos
as MNGs, using some of the freely available tools, to see how big the
resulting files get...