[Scummvm-devel] Porters: New AbstractFilesystemNode method

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Apr 30 15:53:04 CEST 2006

Dear porters,

I just added a new method to AbstractFilesystemNode. To quote from fs.h:

	/**
	 * The child node with the given name. If no child with this name
	 * exists, returns 0. Will never be called on a node which is not
	 * a directory node.
	 */
	virtual AbstractFilesystemNode *child(const String &name) const = 0;

The posix backend has an extremely simple implementation right now,
my hope is that for most backends it'll be similarly easy to implement.

If you have any troubles implementing this, or think that something
is unclear about it, please tell me and I'll make my best efforts to
help you with this.

This new method is a step towards becoming almost completely "path
free". One of the next steps will be adding a "File::open
(FilesystemNode node)" method.