[Scummvm-devel] "Scumm games DVD" *sigh*

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Sat Aug 12 23:05:27 CEST 2006

Joost Peters wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> This website has just been brought to my attention:
> http://www.scummgames.co.uk/
> On it is offered.... well, I'll just let the site do the talking...

Ouch. I see it started a thread on the forums as well.

> What is the proper course of action to take down monkeys like this?
>
> My first reaction was to just report this to LucasArts and have them
> deal with it, but seeing as he's trying to pass it off as something
> 'endorsed' by us by prominently (ab)using our logo I'm not sure if this
> is the right way.  Should we attempt to contact him instead?

I suppose contacting him directly is the polite thing to do, even if he
pretty much *has* to be aware that he's doing something illegal. He
can't even claim "abandonware" on some of those games.

If that doesn't help... I don't know if contacting whoever hosts the Web
page will do any good. Contact PayPal might be more effective, perhaps.
He's using them for payment, which is probably a violation of their
policy, and they have a reputation to maintain.

Torbjörn