[Scummvm-devel] Build of ScummVM 0.8.2 on Solaris 10 x86

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Tue Feb 7 12:50:03 CET 2006

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:43:08 +0100
Laurent Blume <laurent.blume at onera.fr> wrote:

> I hope this post will fit here, I'm not a big fan of web fora, and
> would rather avoid them (if possible). If I'm wrong, please tell me
> to go there!
It perfectly fits here, in fact, our forums are wrong place for such
discussions :)

> I only wanted to tell you that I've build successfully ScummVM 0.8.2
> on Solaris 10 x86, both in 32 bit and in 64 bit.
>
> I only had to do a very small modification of the code, there are a
> few variable name collisions on that platform.
May you submit a patch?

> I also build the few necessary libraries.
>
> This version is untested yet, but 0.8.1 (and some previous versions I
> built) worked nicely.
>
> Would you be interested in the binary?
Definitely. Also we need an official builder for Solaris packages. You
may step in if you like. For that you should be able to:

  o Be accessible via e-mail at the time of release
  o Be able to test each engine. Demos are perfectly fine if you don't
    own full versions of the games
  o Build packages and upload them to sf.net
  o Be at least aware about some platform-specific problems, but I guess
    that your port should perfectly run all engines

So you're welcome.

Please, build 0.8.0 tools packages too. Name your files something like

  scummvm-0.8.2-solaris10-x86.tar.bz2
  scummvm-tools-0.8.0-solaris10-x86.tar.bz2

And put these files in:

  AUTHORS
  COPYING
  NEWS
  README (generic ScummVM one)
  your build binary
  your build-specific README (optional)
  whatever else

For tools package include

  AUTHORS
  COPYING
  README (tools)
  your build binaries

Upload files to ftp://upload.sourceforge.net/incoming and drop me a
line.

Eugene