[Scummvm-devel] Subversion is here!

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Jan 12 16:08:07 CET 2006

Am 13.01.2006 um 00:53 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:00:36 +0100
> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
>
>> SF.net allows us to
>> automatically migrate our existing CVS repository to Subversion
>> (note that the CVS repos will always stay there). This can take a
>> couple hours, considering the size of our CVS repos..
> Personally I'd prefer that scummvm-old will be merged with scummvm,
> also scummvm.cpp is merged with scumm.cpp, as well as other "renamed"
> files, i.e. deleted and re-added. Those aren't many. But automatic
> migration will not do it.

That would be nice, but also a lot of work -- there are in fact well
over a dozen files that have been moved or renamed in "scummvm"
alone; tracking things from "scummvm-old" to "scummvm" will require
connecting all files found in those repositories, all by hand. I.e.
using "cvs2svn" won't be possible, AFAIK... but if you know of a good
technique to do that, or are willing to do it -- no problem, we can
also import existing Subversion repositories :-).

Personally, I'd prefer this, too, but I also think that it's probably
not worth the effort to do it...