[Scummvm-devel] Subversion is here!

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sat Jan 14 12:23:00 CET 2006

"Pawel Kolodziejski" <pablo at omega.xtr.net.pl> writes:

> I was mean link between current scumm.cpp file and from
> scummvm-old/scummvm.cpp, not simply rename in the same directory.

Moves/copies between directories are also supported by subversion (in
this case it's a copy, a.k.a "branch", since the old files remain in
scummvm-old), but the same problem of identifying a move/copy during
conversion applies.  And the same manual solution applies as well.

Basically, what you need to do is find the place in the dump where the
"new" file is added, and insert a link to the old file, that is the
source of the move or copy.  The dump will look something like this:

Revision-number: XXX
[...]
Node-path: new/file/path.cpp
Node-kind: file
Node-action: add
[...]

After the Node-action line, the following should be inserted:

Node-copyfrom-rev: YYY
Node-copyfrom-path: old/file/path.cpp

I.e. which path and revision that the data in the file comes from.
YYY should be the last revision in which the old file changed before
the move/copy.  Look backwards in the dump for a mention of the old
path, and check which Revision-number that precedes it.

Care must be taken when editing the dump file as it may contain binary
data.  (X)Emacs in no-conversion mode should work.

  // Marcus