[Scummvm-devel] Subversion is here!

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Thu Jan 19 17:55:16 CET 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:22:08 +0100
Marcus Comstedt <marcus at mc.pp.se> wrote:

> Basically, what you need to do is find the place in the dump where the
> "new" file is added, and insert a link to the old file, that is the
> source of the move or copy.  The dump will look something like this:
>

> Revision-number: XXX
> [...]
> Node-path: new/file/path.cpp
> Node-kind: file
> Node-action: add
> [...]
>

> After the Node-action line, the following should be inserted:
>

> Node-copyfrom-rev: YYY
> Node-copyfrom-path: old/file/path.cpp
The question is how "Node-action: delete" should be handled in this
case? I.e:

Revision-number: 1425
Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunck_type.h
Node-action: delete
Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunck.h
Node-action: delete
Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunck.cpp
Node-action: delete
Revision-number: 1426
Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunk_type.h
Node-kind: file
Node-action: add
Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunk.h
Node-kind: file
Node-action: add
Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/smush/chunk.cpp
Node-kind: file
Node-action: add

And also what to do in this case:

Revision-number: 108
Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/sound/imuse.cpp
Node-kind: file
Node-action: add

Revision-number: 112
Node-path: trunk/scummvm-old/imuse.cpp
Node-action: delete

i.e. file was added, and only later removed. I guess that delete actions should be deleted, and I SVN allow empty commits to exist, i.e. they look like revision number was forcefully bumped.

Eugene