[Scummvm-devel] Subversion is here!

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Fri Jan 20 14:18:05 CET 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:43:44 +0100
Marcus Comstedt <marcus at mc.pp.se> wrote:

> Don't forget that inserting new text would affect the offset of all
> lines following it.
Not in original file. I.e. I watch for some particular offset there,
while I'm reading it.

However, I rethought whole algo, and I will not need to use hex editor
at all. Simple grep for Node- and Revision- will lead to much
shortened, i.e. 4M file, which is easily maintainable in any text
editor. Then mark inserts with leading plus sign, or something like
this, scan dump file again, and insert them into file (again, producing
new file with inserted lines on output). It will work since sequence of
these lines is constant across dumps.

Eugene