[Scummvm-devel] Detection hints in the Add Game browser

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jul 30 21:15:24 CEST 2006

Am 30.07.2006 um 20:27 schrieb Florian Zeitz:
[...]
>> The last one can be solved easily by improving the message at the
>> top of
>> the browser (if the user pays attention to it), or maybe a "first-run
>> mode" that will show a descriptive popup when "Add Game" is first
>> clicked.
> I have a different suggestion. What if you couldn't open directories
> that don't contain folders. It would be very clear that you have to
> really select a folder (As is written on the top anyway and also works
> instead of clicking choose when in the folder).

And users would start asking:

"Hu... Why can't I open that folder?" or "There is a bug, I can't
open the folder where my game resides in" etc.

In general, I would strongly recommend against such modal behavior --
it usually raises more questions and causes more irritation than it
helps...

And of course, for many games the main game directory contains
subdirs anyway.

Bye,