[Scummvm-devel] Release status

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Mon May 29 18:55:01 CEST 2006

This is today's update.

Kyra subteam guys were fast with fixing almost every open Kyra1 bug, so
our list of critical bugs has no kyra1 entries (at least yet).

Still we really need to discuss bugreport #1276480 about accented
graphics in our GUI. We should either use Latin1 (font is present in
theme) or replace that accented 'a' with plain letter. Fingolfin?

Another important question is DXA cutscenes in sword engines. If we
decide to use them, coding needs to be started ASAP.

Porters, I heard almost no word so far. Please, report your status.

It may happen that we will get official Atari ST port with this
release. See our patch tracker.

Aquadran, how is your OPIE port? Is it stable enough?

If we will resolve problems with GP32 port, it may happen that we will
have it revived too. Good news.

Now to bug lists.

Question to resolve
===================
#1495080 SWORD: DXA compression
#1276480 GUI: Accented characters

Show stopper bugs
=================
#0000000 NEWS file. It should be synced with reality
#1490327 SIMON1DOS/TALKIE: Game Crash at Swampling's
#1481377 WINCE: savegame dialog doesn't redraw on view mode change
#1435134 SYMBIAN: Simon2 during Intro
#959001  ZAK: Can't give Annie the lighter in Katmandu

Nice to have fixed bugs
=======================
#1496566 SAM: Minor Graphics Glitch in second encounter with flambee
#1481383 WINCE: MI2 cutscene sequence never ends
#1481375 WINCE: load and save dialogs are too large
#1479856 KYRA1: gfx glitch when dying on bridge
#1452272 COMI: Verb strings aren't wrapped
#1409244 KYRA1: GFX problems with ITALIAN floppy
#1327891 SCUMM/SMUSH: out of sync
#1303367 COMI: Cutscene, video and audio out of sync
#1193185 MI SEGA: Dialogue problem with Sega CD version
#1159581 ADLIB: Adlib Emulation doesn't Respect Volume Settings
#828860  SIMON1DOS/TALKIE: Chest disappears at Swampling's

Ports status
============
PalmOS: ok. All engines except sword1/2 will be included.
Dreamcast:
GP32:
maemo: planned to be included, needs little more work
MorphOS:
PS2:
PSP:
Sumbian: