[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.11.0 release plans

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Dec 6 12:48:19 CET 2007

On Do, Dezember 6, 2007 12:31, Max Horn wrote:
> On Do, Dezember 6, 2007 11:37, neil at millstone.demon.co.uk wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Current status of the DS port:
>> It works just fine in SCUMM games, tried AGOS engine over last weekend
>> and
>> it just crashes on engine start.  This seems to be partly to do with
>> it's
>> use of the C library call time(), which doesn't work in the DS
>> toolchain.
>
> Bad bad bad (the usage of time(), I mean). We should get rid of the
> #include <time.h> in scummsys.h, really.

I just checked, the following files are offenders which use time() or
other stuff from time.h. Problem is, we do not currently offer a proper
API to fetch the current date & time (getMillis is not suitable for that).
We should add one to OSystem, then convert all the offenders to use it.

engines/scumm/saveload.cpp
engines/scumm/script_v6.cpp
engines/agos/event.cpp
engines/agos/input.cpp
engines/agos/saveload.cpp
engines/agos/script_e1.cpp
engines/agos/script_e2.cpp
engines/agos/script_ww.cpp
engines/agos/script_ff.cpp
engines/agos/script_pp.cpp
engines/gob/inter.cpp

I also just fixed common/util.cpp in this regard.

Bye,