[Scummvm-devel] New Wiki layout (Was: More demos on demos.php & Wiki ?)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Feb 13 19:43:29 CET 2007

Am 13.02.2007 um 19:15 schrieb J. King:

>> Mabe one of these days we should get somebody to write a custom
>> styleset for MediaWiki, which makes it look a bit less like Wikipedia
>> and a bit more like http://www.scummvm.org)
>
> Out of curiosity to see how much could be replicated, I've started to
> dabble in writing such a stylesheet.  I'm not very far along yet,
> but it's
> progressing nicely thus far and for once Firefox is not giving me any
> trouble.  It won't look as nice in IE, of course, but I'll try and
> produce
> something that's at least close.  For reference, a screenshot of
> what I
> have so far:
>
> <http://jking.dark-phantasy.com/scummvm.png> ~78kB
>
> No markup short of removing stylesheet links was changed, of
> course.  I'll
> keep hacking at it for now.

Pretty cool! I look forward to seeing this mature :-). BTW, don't
worry about emulating everything (e.g. the menu structure) of main
website. Of course if you can do it, it's cool, but in the end I am
already happy if I have something that looks not completely different
from the main website / forums. After all, the forums also don't like
100% identical to the main site.

I'd consider using the smaller (less "invasive") logo/headline from
the forums, instead of using Bobbin for the Wiki, too -- but that's
just an idea/suggestions, once more I am happy to see somebody is
working on this ;)