[Scummvm-devel] Support for "registering" games?

David Weinehall tao at debian.org
Mon Jan 15 19:11:28 CET 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 06:35:45PM +0100, Torbjörn Andersson wrote:
> David Weinehall wrote:
>
> > A much requested feature from Debian users has been that there would be
> > some sort of global scummvm configuration file, so that it would be
> > possible to have games registered on installation.
> >
> > This would make games visible to all all users of the system at once,
> > instead of only having per-user .scummvm files.  The user could then
> > override these entries using his local .scummvm-file.
>
> It would probably be easier if each packaged game had its own file with
> default settings. That way, a package would just have to remove its own
> file, rather than trying to figure out which lines of one global config
> file to remove.

Well, /etc/scummvm.d/
and have config files that gets joined together would seem natural, yes.

> Of course, this still assumes that the problem of merging global and
> local settings can be easily solved. I'm not familiar enough with the
> inner workings of the config manager.

Having an entry in .scummvm for a particular game should be enough to
disable the normal entry, I think.

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao at debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //