[Scummvm-devel] Support for "registering" games?

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Mon Jan 15 20:02:32 CET 2007

David Weinehall wrote:

> Having an entry in .scummvm for a particular game should be enough to
> disable the normal entry, I think.

Since ScummVM stores the game settings (music volume, etc) in the game
entry, the simplest thing would probably be to

* Load the user's config file.
* Load every file in the global config directory, but ignore settings
for any game that's already in the user's config file.

On exit, an entry would probably be created in the user's config file
for any new game added that way.

Mind you, I haven't given this much thought. It would make it pretty
much impossible to remove any global game from your config file, since
the game entry would be re-created the next time you start ScummVM.
(Hmm... sort of like Internet Explorer used to do with some of its
bookmarks, back when I still used it. Very annoying feature, but perhaps
it would be less obnoxious in ScummVM. :-)

Torbjörn