[Scummvm-devel] ARM asm code for iPhone

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Nov 26 17:53:39 CET 2007

Hi Vinterstum, hi all,

a quick question: The iPhone uses an ARM processor. We have some hand
tuned ARM asm code for some critical sections in our code base. Are you
using that?
If you are using our regular build system, then it should suffice to add
  add_line_to_config_mk 'USE_ARM_SOUND_ASM = 1'
  add_line_to_config_mk 'USE_ARM_SMUSH_ASM = 1'
to the arm-iphone case, like for the arm-linux and gp2x port.

I wonder if this code works for you, and if you notice a speed boost...

Then there is also  ARM_USE_GFX_ASM, for SCUMM games, but that is for some
reasons not enabled on all devices which enable the above. Any reason for
that, Robin?