[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM internal tools: build systems

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Sep 20 11:27:10 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

today I tried to use the "create_lure" tool from the "tools"
directory in scummvm/trunk. Sadly, I couldn't, because the provided
build systems is inadequate -- the source files try to use stuff from
common/, but the Makefile doesn't pass all the -D flags required for
our headers to work (in my case, that would be at least -
DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DUNIX -DMACOSX).

Now, I could mess around with that custom Makefile, but instead, I
would really appreciate if all those tools were built via our main
Makefile -- maybe even by default (i.e. add the to the "all" pseudo
target). This would ensure the tools are easy to built on many
systems, and we automatically "test" this way whether they compile
correctly.

I am in the process of making that change for "create_lure". Of
course, that turned out to be insufficient, as that tools is
currently not quite portable :)
	const char *inFilename = (argc >= 2) ? argv[1] : "c:\\games\\lure\
\lure.exe";
	const char *outFilename = (argc == 3) ? argv[2] : "c:\\games\\lure\
\lure.dat";

but I hope this will now soon be fixed.