[Scummvm-devel] Lands of Lore

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 13:18:13 CEST 2008

On Saturday 02 August 2008 00:46:50 Max Horn wrote:
> So, I have to wonder: What does that mean? Will we/you add Lands of
> Lore support now? Does it really share a lot of code with Kyra? I.e.
> will it be only a 1-2 source files extra or what?

Well it at least shares code for the Screen handling, GUI (Main menu and Ingame menus), Scripts: TIM is more or less exactly the same as used in Kyrandia 2, but Kyrandia 2 doesn't use as much features. EMC, called INF in LoL, scripts should be at least format compatible, opcodes should be a bit different due to natures of the game though. Sound code is nearlly exactly the same though, except it doesn't seem to use maps for sound tracks anymore. Of course ingame code will be different so it's not just 'some' additions.

And yeah I have plans to implement the whole game.

// Johannes