[Scummvm-devel] PORTERS: New OSystem API for loading/storing default config file

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Aug 3 18:54:41 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I just commited this patch. Thus, there are two new OSystem methods,
which all porters may consider overloading:

   virtual Common::SeekableReadStream *openConfigFileForReading();
   virtual Common::WriteStream *openConfigFileForWriting();

The names should be pretty much self-explanatory, but if in doubt,
check out the Doxygen docs in the header file, or at <http://doxygen.scummvm.org/

The iPhone and PSP ports will probably be able to immediatly take some
benefit from this, allowing the removal of some nasty hacks to get
config file access right; other ports may be able to draw similar
benefits. The goal is to eventually turn both methods into pure
virtual ones, so please try to move your port specific code in common/
system.cpp to your port. In particular, these ports are affected:

* PalmOS
* iPhone
* PS2
* PSP
* Symbian
* SDL

I will move the SDL specific code there ASAP; this will require me to
do the same for the Symbian port, though (which subclasses the SDL
port), but I hope the Symbian folks won't mindy (I'll try to not cause
breakage, and if I do it should be trivial to fix).