[Scummvm-devel] PORTERS: New OSystem API for loading/storing default config file

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 20:21:40 CEST 2008

hi,

a little late, but i just updated my local tree and noticed something:

ConfigManager::loadDefaultConfigFile() contains:

SeekableReadStream *stream = g_system->openConfigFileForReading();
assert(stream);

the default implementation of openConfigFileForReading returns NULL if
the file does not exist. scummvm now aborts if thats the case, thats a
different behaviour now. is this intentional?

substituting the assert with "if (!stream) return;" restores this behaviour.

also, system.cpp contains this comment:

  Ideally, the default OSystem::openConfigFileForReading/Writing methods
  should be removed completely.

so should i implement these function in my port? the default (open
scummvm.ini in the current dir) is exactly what i want.

regards,
andre