[Scummvm-devel] Original bugs that haven't been worked around

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Aug 6 12:57:19 CEST 2008

Am Mi, 6.08.2008, 07:47, schrieb Torbjörn Andersson:
> I was wondering...
>
> What should we do with bugs that have been reported, which happen in the
> original but where we do not yet have any workaround? Should we keep
> them open in the bug tracker, or should we close them and make notes in
> the Wiki instead (we do that for the AGOS engine), to keep them from
> cluttering up the bug tracker?
>
> Actually, "clutter" may be too strong a word. Right now, we have 19 bugs
> in the "Also occurs in the original" category. We can add bug #770050
> ("LOOM: Glitches in Hetchel's flight") since it still happens, so that's
> not quite 10% of the open bug reports.

Good question. We don't want to forget about them, that's for sure. But
yeah, maybe we should list them on the Wiki instead. That Wiki list could
then also contain a section of those "occurs in original" bugs we already
work around. I'd say, if nobody objects to this loudly, let's do it.

The big BASS bug we might want to keep, though, as people tend to run into
it on occasion :).