[Scummvm-devel] Improvements to blitting code.

Robin Watts Robin.Watts at wss.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 23:49:29 CEST 2008

In message <00d9b9d04f.Robin/Watts at wss.co.uk>
          Robin Watts <Robin.Watts at wss.co.uk> wrote:
> Interesting technique. I don't claim to entirely understand it yet
> (need to stare at it for a while, I suspect), but it looks very
> hopeful indeed!

I've just put a commit in that:

 1) Removes the NDS specific copy of the blitters.

 2) Updates the blitters to use Carlo's algorithm (with a small tweak
that saves a cycle in the ARM code, and only uses it for
not-completely-transparent words).

 3) Uses a tweaked version of Max Horns C code.

I've only committed it on the trunk as I think I've missed the freeze
date for the release.

Any problems, please let me know.

Ta,

Robin