[Scummvm-devel] Improvements to blitting code.

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Aug 19 12:48:22 CEST 2008

Am 18.08.2008 um 23:49 schrieb Robin Watts:

> In message <00d9b9d04f.Robin/Watts at wss.co.uk>
>          Robin Watts <Robin.Watts at wss.co.uk> wrote:
>> Interesting technique. I don't claim to entirely understand it yet
>> (need to stare at it for a while, I suspect), but it looks very
>> hopeful indeed!
>
> I've just put a commit in that:
>
> 1) Removes the NDS specific copy of the blitters.

Great! That one was really irritating me.

> 2) Updates the blitters to use Carlo's algorithm (with a small tweak
> that saves a cycle in the ARM code, and only uses it for
> not-completely-transparent words).
>
> 3) Uses a tweaked version of Max Horns C code.

OK. Sorry for the mess up with >>4 vs. >>2, that was one of those
stupid untested last minute changes (the code did "/4", then just
before making the patch I decided the change it to a shift... and then
barfed it up, badly *sigh*)

> I've only committed it on the trunk as I think I've missed the freeze
> date for the release.
>
> Any problems, please let me know.

Seems to work like a charm so far. Of course I can only test the C
code, not the ARM one.