[Scummvm-devel] [RFC] ScummVM website re-write (update!)

vEX vex at niechift.com
Sun Aug 31 16:56:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

It's been really quiet from me for some time now. I've been very busy at work
and now I'm also in the middle of moving so I haven't been putting many hours
into the re-write.

However I think most things are done, the downloads page has some stuff missing,
the screenshots page isn't even started. Oh, and the news is still using the old
system. Other than that I think the rest of the backend is complete. What I
would like is comments, suggestions, ideas or other critics. I won't have any
time to do any coding until after the move so the code won't change any for the
next week or two.

I haven't optimized the code any and I have some ideas on how to re-organize
some of the code. And I won't touch the templates to rewrite the HTML until the
backend is done and everyone is (more or less) happy about how it works.

I've uploaded an updated tarball at [1], hopefully everything needed is
included. Some stuff like screenshots and downloads have been left out, but
aren't needed to review the code and such.

Regarding the uncommented stuff, everything will be properly commented later on,
that I'll make sure off. If you find any comments that are only half written, or
copied from elsewhere, no need to comment on that. I'll go through the code once
it's complete and make sure everyhing is correct and up-to-date.

[1] http://web.telia.com/~u85920559/ScummVM_website_rewrite_20080831.tar.gz

Regards,
Fredrik